(Courtesy Robby Delius)
A former house on Albemarle St. (which itself was formerly Jones St.) became a well-loved, and purportedly the first, pizza place in Durham. Opened in 1958 by Bartholamew (Bat) and Annamaria Malanga, the pizza joint was a regular hangout of Duke students.
(Courtesy Duke Yearlook)
Looking west, ~1985
(Courtesy Durham County Library / North Carolina Collection)
The restaurant closed in 1986, and the building was torn down sometime soon thereafter for parking.
Looking west, 03.16.08