2117 East Main, 1980
Carpenter Thomas M. Young built this two-story T-shaped house around 1905. Mr. Boyd, who had been living in a house next door on South Guthrie Ave. that was constructed by Young for his daughter and her husband, purchased this house from the Young estate and moved into it in 1930 after leasing it out for a short while.
One room additions on the rear of the original house resulted in a double-pile center hall plan on the first story. The basic house type is enhanced on the interior by handsome woodworking and intricate Victorian mantelpieces with overmantels featuring rich turned ornament that reflect Mr. Young's carpentry skills.
The Boyd family has continued to live in the house since the 1930s, although as of March 2011, it is for sale.
2117 East Main, 10.02.10
Find this spot on a Google Map.